Vegan fudge is a delicious and satisfying treat that can be enjoyed by anyone, regardless of their dietary preferences. It is made with plant-based ingredients such as cocoa powder, coconut oil, and maple syrup, making it suitable for vegans and those who follow plant-based diets.
One of the great things about vegan fudge is that it is easy to make at home with just a few simple ingredients. It only requires a medium saucepan and a lined 8×8-inch square pan, and the process of making it is straightforward and quick.
To make vegan fudge, you will need to melt coconut oil in a saucepan over low heat. Once the coconut oil is melted, add cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt to the pan. Stir the mixture well to combine, then turn the heat up to medium and bring it to a boil, stirring constantly.
Once the mixture reaches a boil, remove it from the heat and pour it into the prepared pan. Let the fudge cool for about an hour at room temperature, or until it is firm to the touch. Then, cut it into small squares and enjoy!
You can customize vegan fudge by adding chopped nuts, shredded coconut, or dried fruit to the mixture before pouring it into the pan. This will add flavor and texture to the fudge and make it even more delicious.
Vegan fudge is a great alternative to traditional fudge, which is often made with milk and butter. It is a tasty and guilt-free way to satisfy your sweet tooth and is perfect for sharing with friends and family at gatherings and celebrations.
Easy Vegan Fudge Recipe (5 Ingredients)
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- In a medium saucepan, melt the coconut oil over low heat.1 cup coconut oil
- Once the coconut oil is melted, add the cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt to the pan. Stir well to combine.1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 cup maple syrup, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, Pinch of salt
- Turn the heat up to medium and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Once the mixture reaches a boil, remove it from the heat and pour it into a lined 8×8-inch square pan.
- Let the fudge cool for about an hour at room temperature, or until it is firm to the touch.
- Cut the fudge into small squares and serve.
Why Is Traditional Fudge Not Vegan?
Fudge is a type of confectionery that is typically made with sugar, butter, and milk. Because it contains butter and milk, it is not suitable for vegans, who follow a plant-based diet and do not consume any animal products.
Vegans can, however, make their own fudge using vegan alternatives to butter and milk, such as coconut oil and almond milk. There are also many vegan fudge recipes that use ingredients like nuts, cocoa powder, and maple syrup to create a delicious and indulgent treat that is suitable for a vegan diet.
Lance has been passionate about the plant-based diet and we have been following a whole food plant-based diet for over 5 years. We focus on health, natural healing, weight management, animal rights, and the health of the planet and environment by focusing on whole plant-based foods and sustainable practices.
Learn more at the About Me page and follow on social media at the links below.