Banana bread, a beloved baked good savored for generations, is a go-to for its moist texture, fantastic flavor, and effortless preparation. It’s the ideal snack or on-the-go breakfast! However, traditional banana bread recipes can contain eggs, butter, and dairy milk – not ideal for those with dietary restrictions or following a vegan lifestyle.
Enter this vegan-friendly, 3-ingredient recipe. The lack of condensed milk and eggs makes it not only a tasty alternative but also a healthier, plant-based option. To make, gather three ripe bananas, 1 cup oats, and 2 tablespoons of almond butter (or substitute with any other nut butter). It’s vital to use ripe bananas for optimal flavor as they’re sweeter and easier to mash. (See also Vegan Banana Bread Recipes)
Start by preheating the oven to 350°F (175°C). In a large bowl, mash the bananas until smooth and then mix in the oats and nut butter. For extra flair, consider adding in a sprinkle of cinnamon, chopped nuts, or chocolate chips (but no more than three ingredients).
Pour the mixture into a greased loaf pan and bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Keep in mind that baking time may vary based on the oven and size of the loaf pan. After removing from the oven, let the bread cool in the pan for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
This 3-ingredient vegan banana bread ticks all the boxes – delicious, easy to make, and full of healthy ingredients. It’s naturally gluten-free if gluten-free oats are used, making it ideal for those with gluten sensitivities.
Mix things up by trying different nut butters, oats, or add-ins for a personalized touch. A simple and scrumptious way to enjoy classic banana bread without sacrificing taste or dietary restrictions.
Easy 3 Ingredient Vegan Banana Bread (Healthy & Gluten-Free)
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 1 cup oats
- 2 tablespoons almond butter or any other nut butter
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until they are fully mashed and smooth.
- Add the oats and almond butter to the bowl with the mashed bananas and mix everything together until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a loaf pan that has been lightly greased with cooking spray.
- Bake the banana bread in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the banana bread from the oven and let it cool in the pan for a few minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the banana bread has cooled, slice and serve. Enjoy!
Lance has been passionate about the plant-based diet and we have been following a whole food plant-based diet for over 5 years. We focus on health, natural healing, weight management, animal rights, and the health of the planet and environment by focusing on whole plant-based foods and sustainable practices.
Learn more at the About Me page and follow on social media at the links below.