Ready to make a deliciously creamy and dairy-free tiramisu? This recipe is a must-try for anyone who wants to enjoy a classic Italian dessert without the dairy. Whether you’re lactose intolerant or just prefer a plant-based diet, this tiramisu will definitely hit the spot. (See also Dairy-Free Tiramisu Cake Recipe)
For this recipe, you’ll need 6 oz of dairy-free ladyfingers, 2 cups of strong coffee or espresso, 1 cup of dairy-free cream (such as coconut cream), 1/2 cup of powdered sugar, 1 tsp of vanilla extract, 2 tbsp of cocoa powder, and 1 tsp of rum or brandy (optional). (You can find all dairy-free tiramisu recipes at Vegan Tiramisu or use this Vegan Tiramisu Recipe)
First things first, let’s brew up 2 cups of strong coffee or espresso and let it cool while we make the filling. To do that, we’ll whip together 1 cup of dairy-free cream, 1/2 cup of powdered sugar, and 1 tsp of vanilla extract until it forms stiff peaks. This creamy mixture will replace the traditional mascarpone cheese, making this tiramisu dairy-free and just as delicious.
Now, it’s time to assemble! Dip each ladyfinger into the cooled coffee or espresso, making sure to coat each one evenly. Arrange the coated ladyfingers in a single layer in the bottom of a 9×9 inch dish. Then, spread half of the creamy mixture over the ladyfingers. Repeat with another layer of coffee-dipped ladyfingers and then top with the remaining creamy mixture.
For a touch of chocolate, sprinkle 2 tbsp of cocoa powder on top. If you want to add a bit of boozy flavor, you can drizzle 1 tsp of rum or brandy on top, but this step is completely optional.
Pop the dish in the fridge and let it chill for at least 2 hours, or even better, overnight. This will give the ladyfingers time to soften and the flavors to meld together.
When you’re ready to serve, take the tiramisu out of the fridge and let it sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes. Then, cut into squares or rectangles and serve on a plate.
This dairy-free tiramisu is the perfect dessert for anyone who wants to enjoy the classic flavors without the dairy. The creamy filling made from coconut cream gives it a light, airy texture that pairs perfectly with the rich coffee and chocolate flavors. It’s a dessert that everyone will love, regardless of their dietary restrictions.
So, what are you waiting for? Give this easy dairy-free tiramisu recipe a try and taste the creamy, dreamy deliciousness for yourself! (See also Dairy-Free Tiramisu Recipes)
Easy Dairy-Free Tiramisu
- 6 oz of dairy-free ladyfingers
- 2 cups of strong coffee or espresso
- 1 cup of dairy-free cream such as coconut cream
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 1 tsp of rum or brandy optional
- Brew 2 cups of strong coffee or espresso and let it cool.
- In a separate bowl, whip together the dairy-free cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
- Dip the ladyfingers into the cooled coffee or espresso and arrange them in a single layer in the bottom of a 9×9 inch dish.
- Spread half of the whipped cream mixture over the ladyfingers.
- Repeat with another layer of coffee-dipped ladyfingers and then top with the remaining whipped cream mixture.
- Sprinkle the cocoa powder on top.
- Optional: Drizzle with rum or brandy.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Serve chilled and enjoy your dairy-free tiramisu!
Lance has been passionate about the plant-based diet and we have been following a whole food plant-based diet for over 5 years. We focus on health, natural healing, weight management, animal rights, and the health of the planet and environment by focusing on whole plant-based foods and sustainable practices.
Learn more at the About Me page and follow on social media at the links below.