Vegan burrata salad is a plant-based twist on the traditional Italian dish, which typically features burrata cheese, a type of fresh cheese made from mozzarella and cream. Vegan burrata salad replaces the animal-derived cheese with a vegan alternative (see Is Burrata Vegan?), such as vegan Burrata cheese, vegan Stracciatella cheese or tofu-based cheese.
To make a vegan burrata salad, you can use a recipe for the vegan cheese using:
- Burrata vegan recipe
- Tofu Burrata recipe
- Vegan Stracciatella cheese
- or a store-bought vegan cheese substitute
The cheese is then torn or shredded into small pieces and served on top of a salad of cherry tomatoes, arugula, and basil. The salad is dressed with balsamic vinegar and olive oil, and seasoned with salt and pepper to taste.
Vegan burrata salad is a refreshing and light summertime dish. The combination of the creamy vegan cheese, juicy cherry tomatoes, and aromatic basil creates a flavorful and satisfying meal. You can adjust the amount of balsamic vinegar and olive oil to your taste, and add additional vegetables such as sliced cucumbers or red onions to the salad if desired.
(For another refreshing summertime vegan salad, see Vegan Caprese Salad with Avocado)
This vegan version of burrata salad is a good option for those following a plant-based diet or who are lactose intolerant. It is a tasty and satisfying way to incorporate more vegetables and plant-based protein into your diet. You can also experiment with different types of vegan cheese and vegetables to create your own unique vegan burrata salad.
Vegan Burrata Salad
- 1 batch vegan Burrata or Stracciatella cheese see previous recipe
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the vegan Burrata or Stracciatella cheese according to the previous recipe.
- In a bowl, combine the cherry tomatoes, arugula, and basil.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper to the bowl and toss to coat the vegetables.
- Divide the salad among serving plates.
- Use your hands to tear the vegan Burrata or Stracciatella cheese into small pieces and place on top of the salads.
- Serve and enjoy!
Lance has been passionate about the plant-based diet and we have been following a whole food plant-based diet for over 5 years. We focus on health, natural healing, weight management, animal rights, and the health of the planet and environment by focusing on whole plant-based foods and sustainable practices.
Learn more at the About Me page and follow on social media at the links below.